Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11th

This is Jimmy Varn and I am still alive.

I took the bike out for a spin this morning. I loved being mobile again. I am getting braver when it comes to leaving my area. In fact, I got a little lost at one point so I will have to look out for that.

There was a house that was barricaded pretty well. It looked just like a videogame with the windows boarded up and a makeshift fence around the porch. I got real excited till I saw the door was wide open. That is never a good sign.

I was expecting zombies inside but I wasn’t expecting these kinds of zombies. They were prepared.

One zombie attacked me as soon as I stepped in. The smell warned me and I was already moving back when he lunged. The fucker was a mess. He had a ragged beard, dirty clothes and a wicked hand ax. The guy looked like a survivor. He was clutching the ax though he didn’t use it much.

I shot him once. Hard to miss at this close of range.

The house was filled with them but they acted all weird. I found two more male zombies in the living room, armed with a bat and a shovel. They weren’t watching tv, they were behind a couch that was over turned. Dead zombies were on the floor with their heads caved in. I will never know if the living room zombies killed the floor zombies when they were alive or dead.

Three shots took care of them. I saw another zombie in the dining room just watching me. He had another shovel. He was waiting for me to come to him. I shot him instead.

I won’t bore you with the details. Two more zombies in the kitchen and a total of four zombies upstairs in the bedrooms. The four upstairs were women. They were sad pathetic looking things. They had chair legs as weapons. It didn’t stop the zombies that killed them and it didn’t stop me from shooting them.

It was an easy story to read. These people had holed up here and made a pretty crowded life for themselves. They had melee weapons but no guns. The zombies came through the open front door, which I don’t understand why it wasn’t closed. Maybe someone went out?

I feel like a bastard for saying this, but the shelters of dead survivors makes for the best loot. They were low on food but fuck, they had a lot of bottled water. I can slack off my purifying for a while. In fact, I will have to take the wheel barrow after lunch to get it all.

I’m going to finish this can of black eyed peas and get my ass back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment