Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1st

This is Jimmy Varn and I am still alive.

Yesterday I went looking for another house. It was dangerous work. The parade was gone but there were a lot of zombies lingering. I lost count of how many shots I fired. Man, I went through a lot of ammo. It felt good though. When I close my eyes, I can still hear those gunshots.

My house search went like this. I didn’t bother with any houses where I had kicked the door in, or any houses where zombies had already knocked it in. Considering how much looting I had done, that didn’t leave me a lot of options. I had to go off my loot plan.

So I went down the street two blocks and hung a left. I kept an eye out for places with basements and a chimney. The first place I found had been broken into and I ruled that out. The door was shit and all of the windows were smashed.

The second place I found looked promising. I found a side window I wouldn’t need and smashed through it. I climbed and did a reconnaissance. Shit, I am glad I did.

There were four zombies in the living room, all watching a television that wasn’t on. They were lined up on the couch. I had seen this before but man, it is always creepy. Two parents and two kids, sitting there groaning and rotting.

Shooting them was a mercy killing, but it also made a big mess in the living room. I wasn’t going to be using that house.

Right before dark, I found another good place. I cracked the side window and climbed in like a thief. The place was really sparse. Instead of a couch they had a futon. Bean bags were everywhere, which I didn’t even know they still made. The dining room table was a shitty plastic thing with plastic chairs. They had a nice TV though, and about three different videgame systems.

I laughed when I realized the house must belong to college kids. The only pictures I found were of Maxim models and a big ass poster of Megan Fox.

There were two bedrooms but three beds. The fireplace actually had charred wood in it, so I knew it worked. The kitchen had no food but they had four 12 packs of coke and a case of beer. The basement was empty, which means I can put whatever I want down there. It was a great place.

Unfortunately it was getting late so I didn’t have time to move my stuff. I came back to Home Base and spent the night. I had to sleep in the basement because you know, my door is gone, and fuck the smell down there is bad. I am sure I am going to catch some sort of unhygienic disease here.

So I have spent all of this morning moving things to Home Base II. I moved the generator first, and that was a bitch. The thing is on wheels but it ain’t light. Pushing it and stopping to shoot zombies we come across took forever. I’m posting this and going back to Home Base I to get the rest of my shit.

Plus I got to barricade that window I broke in. I got shit to do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Jimmy moved the computer, too. I was worried that when he left Home Base, he'd stop blogging;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy has a dedication to blogging that puts me to shame lol.

    ReplyDelete