Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15th

This is Jimmy Varn and I am still alive.

The rain stopped but the water draining continues. Every street is a river. The ground outside is muddy and I really wish I could shower. Oh God, it stinks too.

Not wanting to go far from Home Base II, I have been foraging the houses around me. They were off my search grid so they are technically virgin lands.

It is almost a bad thing. Finding completely rotten food sucks. I’m even finding bad food in freezers that haven’t opened in months. I think I might have to start getting used to an all canned food diet.

One of the homes was so dead empty of food that I realized a survivor must have lived there. Bags of garbage were stacked in the lawn, filled with empty cans and boxes of all kinds. Yeah, I went through his garbage. I am curious how the other survivors tried to live.

This guy, I’m guessing guy by the number of spaghetti cans, seemed to have eaten his house completely empty. I checked the houses next to it and they have some cans of food. That means he never looted his neighbors. Did he not loot at all?

His car is missing, so I am guessing he made a run for it. Well, once less person on my burial detail. I wonder where the fuck he went.

His house was empty of supplies but I got luckier with some of the other houses. I found a complete first aid kit which made me smile for hours. My spices are all healthy restocked. I don’t know if I could live without onion powder at this point. I found more painkillers which is always good. My shoulder only aches a little now, but if I get hurt again I’ll be okay.

On my way back to Home Base II, I saw something. There was smoke in the sky. You know, I kept staring at it because I knew it was odd, but I couldn’t put my finger on why. Took me awhile to realize that smoke means fire, which means someone might be out there trying to keep warm too.

Either that or Atlanta is burning a second time.

I should go check it out. The streets are flooded though and I don’t like the idea of splashing through it on my bike. I also don’t want to know if there is a fire. There isn’t anything I can do about it except worry. I have enough of that.

Fuck, it could also be people. Damn it. I shouldn’t put this off.

Logging off to go investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment