Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18th

This is Jimmy Varn and I am still alive.

The fire continues and the smoke is getting pretty damn thick. Zombies don’t mind. They keep stomping towards the bright lights at night. I don’t have a zombie parade, I got more of a zombie high traffic crossing.

There is nothing like the billowing black clouds of death in the morning to make you start thinking about your evacuating plans.

So I got my bike. I realized I needed to slap on some baskets or bags so I can carry more stuff. Well, Chuck and Annie’s stockpile of bondage gear came to the rescue. I have enough rope and straps to make some attachments to the bike. Right now I am strapping plastic containers I found at the Figs’ house. Jennifer was one Hell of an organizer. I should really bury her in thanks.

Shit, wait long enough and they will get cremated.

I am not sure about food. Carrying cans is not an option. I thought about opening cans and transferring food to ziplock bags to be eaten later but I don’t know. It occurred to me that I could forage on the run like Crystal does but that doesn’t appeal to me at all. Looks like I might not have a choice.

What I really need is some ramen noodles. I could eat them on the go and they weigh nothing. All I have to do is hit the grocery store. It can’t be nearly as bad as the Wal-Mart, right?

I can see it now: I get myself killed looting to get ready to escape the fire. Maybe I should just pack my bike with things I already have.

The sleeping bag is the big debate. That fucker is bulky. On the other hand, if I am caught outside, I might freeze to death without it.

How much water do you carry on the run? The answer is never enough. Water is the heaviest thing I can carry outside of guns and I can’t imagine leaving the house without ten gallons. I can’t fucking carry ten gallons so it is looking like one gallon is my limit.

The more I think about it, the less I want to go. Leaving Home Base II with such meager supplies will be a death sentence. I’m still working on the escape bike though. If the fire gets too close, the zombies will make it impossible to ride out of here. I rather go out with pathetic supplies than wait and sit here to die.

Got work to do.

2 comments:

  1. Just how cold DOES Atlanta get? I thought it was always hot there :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It varies. It does get freezing cold during January through February, with occasional warm spells. We had some snow this year while Jimmy did not lol.

    I do wonder what would happen to global weather with a sudden decrease in man made pollutions. If no one was running their heat in a major city, would it get colder? I don't know.

    ReplyDelete