Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8th

This is Jimmy Varn and I am still alive.

I keep dreaming about that asshole with the bow. I have killed hundreds of zombies but a live human is different.

You know, I have seen this in movies and I always call bullshit on it. The asshole was trying to kill me and I got him first. He didn’t say hello, or ask where I was from. He just shot at me and kept shooting and trying to kill me. In the movies, the hero gets all depressed and I sit there wondering what the fuck his problem is.

I think my problem is that I wanted to kill him some kind of bad. My shoulder was hurting and the fact that he was talking to me while he was trying to kill me. Fuck. I was so angry; I didn’t think twice when I fired. I didn’t hesitate because he was threatening me.

I wonder if it was the same for him. I wonder if he saw me with my wheelbarrow and just decided to kill me to protect his stuff. If someone broke into my house and weren’t a hot chick like Crystal, would I treat them the same?

I also never did get a bicycle.

I did get a lot of food and my shoulder is hurting bad enough that I have all the excuses in the world for not going back. Wal-Mart is a fucking warzone and maybe I should stay out of it. But you know, fuck that. I want my damn bike.

As for my shoulder, it is doing okay I guess. It was my left shoulder, so that’s a small blessing. At least I can still cook, shoot and masturbate with my right hand. I honestly don’t know what to do with it except I change the gauze pad every day and re-treat it with antibiotic cream. I also take a fuckload of painkillers.

If it becomes infected or I need surgery, I am fucked. I hate to die of a slow infection. I might go back to the Wal-Mart just to hit the pharmacy.

Home Base II is coming along nicely. The lack of furniture takes a little getting used to. A futon is no substitute for a couch. If I had one more person, I would haul a couch from another house.

Hell, if I had one more person I could sit my hurt shoulder down and let someone else cook meals.

I need more firewood. I’ll go scrounge some around here tomorrow.

Off to eat. I’m having some canned tuna with capers.

No comments:

Post a Comment