Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March 9th

This is Jimmy Varn and I am still alive.

Sore as fuck, but I am alive. You know, it really pisses me off that the thing that has done the most damage to me so far has been a fucking survivor and not a zombie. George Romero would be wagging his finger at me.

I hope George is alive. The guy taught us so much.

I’ve been wood gathering. Not easy to chop wood with one hand, so mostly I gather branches and break them up. It makes me feel like a pioneer, let me tell you. After sleeping on the futon for a few hours and getting a cramp in my back, I am tempted to use it for firewood.

My water is starting to get low. I set up a few containers near rain gutters. I just need to get some rain.

You know, I think I am stalling a bit. All this maintenance is important for my survival, but it is also keeping me too busy to go to Wal-Mart. Sometimes when I think about going back, I start shaking. That place was a dark cavern and I’ve already bled there once. Shit, a lot of people have died there from what I saw of the bodies. I have a bad feeling a lot of survivors fought over that place right after Hell Day.

On the other hand, I don’t know of any other stories near by that has everything I need. I need a bike, and I would love some camping supplies. A new sleeping bag would rock. I don’t want to kill any more people but damn it, I won’t be the one to shoot first.

I thought about waiting till my shoulder was feeling normal again but who knows when the fuck that would be.

It has been a weird experience, getting hurt. I find myself spending most of my day hating that asshole with the bow. I keep daydreaming about ways that I avoid getting shot and manage to kill him back. I spend way too much time imagining that he has friends and how I will defeat them. Shit, I don’t spend this much time thinking about the zombies but I am obsessed with the Wal-Mart killers. I want to hurt them.

Tomorrow I’m going for the bike. Maybe the place will be deserted and BowGuy was the only one there. If someone is there and has a problem with me taking a bike, I don’t intend to get shot a second time.

Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment