Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14

This is Jimmy Varn and I am still alive.

I might need to consider building an ark if I want to stay that way. The street is filled with water streaming towards God only knows where. I went outside and cleared some of the street gutters if you can believe it. It seemed to help but the overall water volume is so much.

I might actually need to go up and down the street, clearing drainage gutters. I would be more willing if the visibility wasn’t so shitty. One zombie got within ten feet before I saw him. I shot him with no problem, but the whole experience made me jumpy. It is impossible to hear anything out there.

On the other hand, the water flow is lapping over the street edge and into my lawn. I never thought I would get fucking flooded out during a zombie crisis. Shit, I never thought I would be clearing gutters in an apocalypse.

I sure could use a second person’s help right about now. One could keep watch while the other cleaned. Of course, if Crystal was here, I would rather be fucking in front of the fireplace then outside in the cold.

I have to admit, I am a little afraid of spending too much time in the rain. I keep picturing myself hunting zombies with a runny nose and a cold. I never scavenged a rain coat which is looking to be a big mistake. I’m going to raid the houses next door and see if I can find one after lunch.

There is another reason I want to stay inside. About twenty minutes ago I saw eight zombies walking together down the street. They kept slipping in the rain but they kept at it. I was tempted to shoot them but I am being much more conservative with my ammo. I don’t want to have to go to another Wal-Mart scenario to find bullets

I was worried that they were part of a parade but they seemed to be alone. In the rain it was hard to see any details, but they didn’t share any characteristics that I could see. Half were men, and three of the women were really fat. They were too old to be a gang, but maybe they were coworkers.

What was odd is that when one fell, the others would wait for it to get up. They didn’t the help the fallen zombie, but they were waiting for it. They moved like a pack, and my videogame experience noticed that they were fanned out in a decent spread. Shit, I would have been proud to play with a group with that kind of dispersion.

This is not behavior I like to see in things trying to kill me.

Logging off to eat my very nutritious Spam with cream of mushroom gravy.

1 comment: