Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7th

This is Jimmy Varn and I am still alive.

My shoulder feels better but I still feel bad. Like I said yesterday, I returned fire. I don’t think the fucker knew I had guns. I fired in an arc towards where I thought he was. It was in the direction of a bunch of clothing racks, so it’s not like he had cover. It was a solid arc of fast steady shots. Any other occasion and I would have been proud of myself.

After I was done, I waited to hear something. All I heard were zombie moans.

Waiting in the dark, waiting for another arrow, is an awful experience. The arrow was in my shoulder, but not all the way in. I pulled it out and tried not to cry.

I cried.

After awhile, I realized that my sobs should have drawn him to me. I decided to go look for him.

He was dead of course. I caught him right in the head even though I was aiming chest height. He must have been squatting. Asshole.

I took a look at him. He was an older guy, maybe in his fifties. He was equipped with a fucking crossbow. What a badass weapon. If we had met, I would have talked his ear off about it. Did he pick it because it was silent?

Instead I just had another corpse. Asshole.

I walked over to the pharmacy section because it was in sight. The aisles were empty but I did find a box of bandages stuck in the back. I wrapped my shoulder the best I could.

You know, I couldn’t leave that wheelbarrow behind. I thought about taking a shopping cart but the sound would have been horrendous. I just couldn’t leave the cans behind. I paid for them in blood. I was also too afraid to come back here.

What I ended up doing was grabbing this thing that the employees use to move pallets around. I don’t know what it is called, but it is shaped like a fork on wheels. If you pump the handle, it lifts the fork legs up. I put the wheel barrow on an empty pallet and jacked it up with the push lift.

I dragged that pallet all the way home. I still don’t know how I did it. When I got home, I locked up and crashed.

Thank sweet baby Jesus for that medical collection the Screamers gathered. I took some antibiotics and cleaned my wound as best I could. I took some codeine and I have been taking it easy.

I keep dreaming about that Wal-Mart bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment